We have an excellent new position for techies in the Chattanooga, Tennessee & Dalton, Georgia area. Due to our recent successful software launches and the recent opening of our technology offices in historic downtown Dalton, we are expanding our team of technical support staff (what we call “Support Engineer”) in order to help us serve our clients in the area.
Day to day roles will be varied across a number of projects, but you can expect to work on desktops, servers, firewalls, networking, mobile devices and numerous business solutions.
Learn more about Inventure IT at our SO company page (https://careers.stackoverflow.com/company/inventureit)!
* High school diploma/GED required, some college preferred
* Minimum 3 years experience in information technology or technical support
* Extensive familiarity with Windows operating systems
* Some background with Sonicwall, Cisco or other networking equipment
* Experience with Exchange, Google, Office 365 and Active Directory administration
* Working knowledge of security software options and functionality preferred
* Willingness to get hands dirty
This position calls for a computer-savvy individual who has interest and/or demonstrated experience in all phases of tech support (help desk, remote administration, on-site troubleshooting and problem analysis) in a team environment. This candidate should be a self-starter that can handle multiple priorities simultaneously. Additionally, the candidate should display a pattern of continual learning and a desire to broaden their support and analytical skills.
InventureIT provides state-of-the-art hardware and support tools coupled with a team of highly skilled developers in a cutting edge Microsoft environment.
Problem Solving, LAN Knowledge, Networking & Cabling Experience, Help Desk Experience, Verbal Communication, Operating Systems, Phone Skills, Customer Service, Quality Focus, PC Proficiency, System Administration
* Walk customers through the process of installing the software on their machines and starting up the program for the first time
* Help customers troubleshoot issues they encounter while using the software and provide actionable tips to resolve the problem
* Send technical documentation to customers who have lost or misplaced theirs
* Refer difficult cases to a senior developers or support tech
* Assume remote control over customers’ computers when necessary to resolve problems
* Make hardware recommendations for customers whose machines cannot support the software
* Assist senior staff with technical project tasks
* Travel to client locations as needed to assist with various technical projects
You must be able to commute to the office in the 30720 area code. Office hours are expected from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Working remote, telecommuting, etc is not currently an option. You must be in the office while working.
Learn more about Inventure IT by visiting our Careers 2.0 page at http://careers.stackoverflow.com/company/inventureit
* Healthcare and Dental
* 70%+ of benefits paid for employees and their families
* 401k: 100% match up to 4%
* Long term and short term disability insurance
* Revenue sharing plan for all developers
* Leading edge technology and resources, coolest toys in the area!
Job Type: Full-time